You can create your own “One of a Kind” Visa® Debit Card as often as you like. It’s Fast, Fun and Easy! There is a $10.00 CUB personalized card fee each time a Personalized Card is issued, reissued or renewed. Your current card number and/or expiration dates may change. Recurring payments paid with your debit card may need to be updated if the card number or expiration date changes.1. Click “Start Now” and accept the Terms & Conditions to begin designing
2. Upload your photo or image
3. Place the photo or image how you want it printed on your card
4. Click the Submit button!(This program is currently only available for Consumer Debit cards)
Personalized Visa® Debit Card FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSWho’s eligible for a CUB Personalized Visa® Debit Card?Anyone who has a Citizens Union Bank checking account is eligible.How often can I change my CUB Personalized Visa® Debit Card?
You can change your existing card as often as you like for a charge of $10.00 per occurrence. The card cost will be deducted from your checking account that’s linked to your debit card.
How does my photo get approved?
Every submitted image is reviewed for compliance with the Image Guidelines. Each image must also follow the Visa® Issuing Guidelines as set by Visa® International.
What images are not acceptable?
Please see our Image Guidelines for criteria on acceptable photo submissions. Citizens Union Bank reserves the right to reject any image we believe violates our Image Guidelines. If an image is rejected, you will be notified by email within two business days. You may submit a new image anytime following your rejection notification.
How much does it cost?
Each CUB Personalized Visa® debit card costs $10.00. The card cost will be deducted from the primary checking account that’s linked to your debit card.
What happens when my card expires?
Upon expiration of your card, a new card will be sent with the same image as your most recent card and your account will be charged $10.00.
How will I receive my personalized card?
Your card will be mailed to you via the US Postal Service.
How long will it take to receive my card?
After your image has been submitted and approved by Visa® and Citizens Union Bank, you can expect to receive your card within 7-10 business days.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, please call us immediately to replace your card. Your new issued card will have the same image as your previous card. To report a lost or stolen debit card, please call us immediately at 502-633-4450 or after hours at 866-546-8273.
Will my existing card work until my new CUB Personalized Visa® Debit Card arrives?
Yes, your existing card will continue to work until you activate your new CUB Personalized Visa® Debit Card. Please destroy your old card once the new card is activated.
Will any financial or personal information be transferred to the design service? No, we do not transfer or share any of your financial or personal information with the design service.
How many times can the image on my card be changed?
The image can be changed as many times as you would like for $10.00 per occurrence.
How will I know if my image is accepted or rejected?
You will receive an email, within two business days, telling you if your image was rejected or approved.
How do I design my card?
Card customization is easy; there are simple instructions to follow:
1. Click the design link on the home page of our website; www.cubbank.com
2. Select an image from our gallery or upload an image from your computer, external drive, disk, etc.
3. Click the ‘browse’ button on the design tool to locate the image on your computer
4. When you locate your image, select it then click the ‘Upload’ button in the design tool.
5. The image will populate into the template.
6. Customize the look of your card by enlarging, cropping or rotating.
7. Once you are satisfied with the look of your card, click the ‘next’ button.
8. Complete the ’Details’ page with the required information, then click ‘Submit’ where you will see a ‘Thank You’ page with additional information.
What are the format requirements for my digital photo?
The photo needs to be digitally formatted as a JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF or BMP image. The image needs to be a minimum of 840×840 pixels and a minimum of 50KB (kilobytes) in size, but not to exceed 10MB (megabytes). Refer to the Image Guidelines for additional information.
How do I convert my picture into a digital photo?
You will need to convert your hard copy picture into a digital photo. If you take a standard picture to a photo processing facility, they may be able to scan the picture for you and put it on a disk. Remember, the image needs to be saved in one of the formats listed above.
What size does my digital photo need to be?
Please use an image that is a minimum of 840×840 pixels. Our design service provides a tool to re-size your photo to your satisfaction.
What can I do to ensure my CUB Personalized Visa® Debit Card will be the highest quality?
Choose a clear, sharply focused image, preferably taken at a high resolution. You can also use photo editing software to make enhancements to your photo prior to uploading it; however, it is not mandatory.
Need additional information?
If you have any additional questions, please call Customer Service at (502) 633-4450. They are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Citizens Union Bank reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted image will be accepted or rejected. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner including those images downloaded from the Internet. Citizens Union Bank will not accept images that contain any of the following:
• The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of any other financial institution, bank or credit union
• The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of other card company (e.g. MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Cirrus, etc.)
• Political statements or symbols
• Advertising or promotional material (e.g. slogans, business cards)
• Branded products
• Foreign or local celebrities, musicians, public figures or athletes
• Phone numbers or Internet or email addresses
• Socially unacceptable groups (e.g. cults, gangs, supremacy organizations)
• Nude or semi-nude images
• Provocative or sexual content
• Violence, firearms, weapons or ammunition
• Profanity or obscenities
• Racial, prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter
• Any image in which someone else holds the copyright
• Images that display the opinions or beliefs of religious groups
• Images that may interfere with the security features of the card
• Alcohol or tobacco
(Note: This list is not exclusive and Citizens Union Bank retains the right to decide that any submitted image is not to be used.)
Images that do NOT meet the above guidelines will be rejected and you will be notified by email. You may then submit another image.
For more information, please contact Customer Service at 502-633-4450. They are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
• Image files can be uploaded as .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP formats
• The maximum file size is 10 MB (megabytes)
• Images must be a minimum of 840 x 840 pixels
• Small images will reproduce poorly when printed
• If you increase the size of your image too large, it may also print poorly
• The larger the image, the longer it will take to upload
• The time your image takes to upload depends on your own Internet connection speed
• Should your image be slow to upload, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for help
• On a typical 56K modem, each 1MB will take about 3 minutes to upload (This is approximate and depends on your connection speed, which may vary)