Here are simple, straightforward answers about Online Bill Pay from Citizens Union Bank.
Online Bill Pay Basics
Online Bill Pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your Online Banking account. You determine who you want to pay when you want to make the payment, and which account you want the payment to come from. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter, or relative. *For Designated Payee Restrictions please see section 14. Bill Payment Service of the Online Banking Agreement.
Getting Started with Online Bill Pay
First, you need to be enrolled in Online Banking by visiting www.cubbank.com and selecting the Enroll Now button and completing the on-screen enrollment steps. Be sure to select the account(s) in which you wish to have Bill Pay activated.
Already an Online Banking user? Simply log in to your Online Banking and select Welcome/All Services & Settings/Preferences/Modify Account Access and select Edit from the I want to … Actions menu for the account you wish to request bill pay services to be added. Select Basic with Bill Pay and Submit. Once your request is approved you can start using bill pay.
• Log in to your Online Banking account at www.cubbank.com.
• Click on the “Bills & Payments” tab.
• Click the “Add a Payee” button on your dashboard.
• Enter the requested information; typically found on your latest billing statement.
• Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
• Find your payee on the payments dashboard.
• Enter the payment amount and date, then submit.
How Online Bill Pay Works
Payments are sent one of two ways electronically or by paper checks. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via a secure transmission. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Online Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills, and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payments activity.
Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check; electronic payments take 1-2 business days and checks take 5-7 business days.
Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the process date. Funds are withdrawn for check payments when the check is cashed.
Online Bill Pay Benefits
Here’s a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Online Bill Pay.
- Save time. With Online Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. That means no more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the Post Office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $110.00* per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won’t have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain peace of mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of mailed checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With Online Bill Pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That’s good news for you and the environment.
*Savings are approximate and based upon the average annual cost of stamps, envelopes, and checks required for paying 10 bills per month.
eBill is a feature that allows you to receive and pay electronic summary versions of paper bills directly from your Online Bill Pay account.
eBills are delivered directly to your Online Bill Pay account. Once you set up an individual eBill for a company you do business with, an eBill comes directly from that payee to your account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable service providers, phone service providers, utility providers and credit card companies.
You will also continue to receive paper bill statements unless you contact the payee to stop sending those statements.
If your payee is eligible for eBill, you will see a “Setup eBill” link next to their listing on your dashboard.
With eBill, everything you need is in one convenient location. Using eBill allows you to streamline your bill pay routine and have online access to your bills. That means you won’t have to keep track of paper bills. In addition, you can view past bill summaries at a glance.
Balance due, due date and minimum payment amount are included in your eBill. If you need additional details, there will be a link that lets you log in to your account on your payee’s website, or you can check your paper statement.
To pay an eBill, simply choose the account you want to pay from, enter the amount you want to pay, and schedule when you want the payment delivered.
You can sign up to receive an electronic notice to alert you when an eBill has been delivered to your account. You can receive these notices in the form of emails or text alerts to provide an extra reminder when a payment is due.